Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lennon Jay Nilsson






Finally he arrived! July 30th 2008. He was 5 pounds 12 ounces and 20 inches long. It was a good thing he wasn't any bigger. That would have been a struggle. I went into my doctor on Tuesday the 29th and was induced on Wednesday the 30th. I went in at 9:00 in the morning and had him at 7:15 pm. Labor was awesome. I really thought it would be worse. The scary stuff happened after. So, I started having heavy contractions at 6:45 and the nurse had be start pushing. The baby came pretty quick. The nurse was in and out of the delivery room trying to find my RETARD doctor. She was telling B, " Now have her stop pushing if you see this much of his head, I'll be right back!" Poor B. I had no idea where she was going and just told him I wasn't going to push anymore until someone that knew what the crap they were doing was there. So finally the doctor came in and was ready to deliver my baby. She told me to "shimmi down" and start pushing. I pushed him out in about ten minutes. He literally did like a front flip and the doctor almost dropped him. So he finally was out and I couldn't be more happy. I don't think anyone could describe how amazing that is. They handed him to me and I started to laugh/cry, he looked just like B! It was hillarious. In the mean time the doctor was telling me that I ripped really bad on the inside. I didn't really understand how bad it was until two hours later when she was done sewing me up. She started sewing me up and I was telling her that I could feel it. She didn't numb me and I could feel it. She kept telling me to push the button for more epidural and I was pushing it and nothing seemed to happen. So two hours went by and I finally went into shock. My body couldn't take it anymore. My face was white as a ghost and my lips were blue. I literally felt like I was dying. I remember telling myself to just stay awake and deal with the pain. DOn't pass out. So I was just sitting there waiting for her to be done. In the mean time they are checking my blood pressure and I was like 60 over 30 which is really low. I was loosing way to much blood. So the Doctor finally gets done and my Dad comes in the room and sees my face and knew something wasn't right. He pulled me up and found that my epidural had fallen out of my back and I really was feeling everything! Such a joke. So I continued to try and stay awake so they wouldn't take me away. So about four hours later of nurses and family freaking out, I finally was stable enough to go to my room for the night. Thank goodness! We got up there and poor B, he literally thought he had an ulsar. Here he is with a new little baby and his wife is almost dead. I didn't really realize how bad it was until a few days after. I guess everyone was freaking out. I was kind of out of it. Anyway, so the next day they gave me two blood transfusions and I started feeling much better. I am so lucky. I thought I would never walk again! B was such a help. I don't think he will ever look at me the same again. HE full on was my nurse. It was so nice to have someone there with me. I think I would have died without him. Lennon is so good too. If he wasn't so good I don't think my recovery would be as well as it is. It has gone so good. Thanks to my family and B's family for all there help. It has been so great. I love being a mom. I didn't know how I would react, but really it is the best thing ever. This little boy is so worth anything and more. I would do that all over again times ten just to have him. He is so great. Anyway, it was a little tramatizing but in the end everything was great! We are so lucky.

No comments:

precious

precious