Wednesday, September 1, 2010

coming home!!

I never thought this day would happen... truly.

Holden is coming home!

We are so excited, intimidated, nervous, happy, etc. As I am writing this B and I are in our little hospital room with our sweet baby boy laying next to us in his crib. What an angel. I can't even tell you how good this feels. I never thought I would be so lucky. I feel so grateful. This experience has been the most amazing, rewarding, challenging, spiritual thing I think I have ever experienced in my life thus far. The relationships I have shared will be treasured forever. We got the opportunity to meet a lot of amazing nurses and grew extremely close to them. They truly are angles. I know God knew what he was doing by sending them to me and Holden. We will miss them with all our hearts. They are special and will never be forgotten. I hope to keep in touch with them.

Holden is doing great. It is going to be busy bringing him home. Lots of follow-ups, medications, oxygen, no sleep, etc. I am so excited to have this opportunity. I really can't believe it. I know that this little guy is here for a purpose. He has fought a pretty intense battle to finally get to this point and he has shocked many people in the mean time. I feel incredibly blessed.

I love him.

He is the best and I am anxious to see how Lennon handles everything. I think he will be great. He is a sweet one. I will keep everyone updated on Holden's progress and I wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and sweet thoughts. We really couldn't have done it without you. I know God is real. I know he is mindful of us. I am grateful.

Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.

**just a little side note**

Becca... I love you. I love that you have taken on the role of Lennon's second mommy through all of this. I am tearing up just thinking of all that you did these last few months. I know you sacrificed a lot by serving me and I don't think thank you is enough. You are young and should be out with friends every night, but instead you have been helping me so thank you and I love you. I hope I can repay you someday.


8 comments:

the fowlers said...

congratulations! we think about your family often and we're so happy to hear how well things are going.
i know you're all going to have so much fun loving on that baby at home. yay holden!

ryan + carly said...

so happy for your family. rach, you are amazing. i love that you've taken this experience and become closer to god through it. we love you all and will keep praying for your little man!! xo.

bj+anne+brody+macie+lucy+ellie said...

I am so happy for you guys. Good luck at home! Get some pictures up asap so I can see that handsome little guy. You have been so strong. It has been truly inspiring. Good work.

Jeff and Brandi said...

Yay! That is so exciting. I'm soooo happy for you guys. Isn't it crazy that it is bitter sweet going home though. The nurses become like family. It is definitely an experience that you never forget. Have so much fun loving on him at home. I can't wait to see pics of your boys together!

Azy said...

best news ever! congrats to your cute family! lennon is going to love having holden around :) so glad we got to meet the little man while we were in town. we love and miss you guys so much! HOORAY HOLDEN!

Shantell said...

Rachel I am so happy for you guys! I am so glad that Holden is doing so well and that he is able to come home. His cousins can't wait to meet him (of course I explained it will still be awhile but they are one step closer!). Give Lennon kisses from them.

Auntie Elaine said...

So excited - I hope everything went as planned. Love you guys!

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

yayy for holden! Thats so fun, I am so happy for you! Becca is the bomb! Bring on the lysol and hand sanitizer! Even though I havent met him I love him and he is so precious, we will keep praying for you guys... and hopefully see you guys one more time before we go!

precious

precious