Monday, January 5, 2009

01.01.2009

Jamie, Becca, Me, Dad, B, Chris, Jake
Alix, Kobie, Tyson
01.01.2009
There is no better way, in my opinion, to Ring in the new year than 1. spend it with family and 2. go snowboarding/skiing. My dad so kindly bought us all tickets to go enjoy the slopes of snowbird on the first day of the year. Last time I went I was 6 months pregnant. This time was a little better. I could undo my binding without grunting every time. It was so fun going with Jake and Jamie. This was their first time going in ten years! I couldn't believe it. The last time I saw them both on the mountain was a sight to be seen. Jake was trying to teach Jamie how to snowboard. Not a good combo. This time, Jamie took skiis. She rocked too! She kept right up with all of us. She had a couple of doozers... one of which I thought was going to be catastrophic. She somehow ended up mocking down the hill BACKWARDS. It was awesome. She was a champ. She finally managed to stop and got right back up, smile on her face and was ready to roll. I couldn't believe it. Jake was awesome too. You couldn't even tell he hadn't been in ten years. Pretty impressive.
All in all, it was a great day!
Thanks so much POPS.

5 comments:

Chris & Carolyn said...

that looks like so much fun!! 2 things i love about this picture:

1.) your dad's bluetooth
2.) jake looks like your dad

Jamie said...

I love you Rach! Thanks for building my confidence, but we all know I sucked! Anyway, it was so much fun! You make me laugh! Let's go do girls night on Tuesday...dinner??? Dessert???
Love ya!

Jamie said...

Oh and I freaking love that picture! Send me a copy!

maggie said...

i love that even on the slopes, bri has his bluetooth! :)

Roberston said...

cute kid. you guys rock.....(wait for it)....and ROLL!!!

precious

precious