Monday, June 29, 2009

Fathers Day 2009

Well Fathers Day has come and gone but I really wanted to do this anyway. I don't think I tell these three fathers in my life how much I appreciate them.

BOBERT...what a great guy, where do I even begin. I am so lucky to have such an amazing father-in-law. I always tell B how much I love this man. He really is amazing. From day one I knew we would get a long. He has always made me feel so comfortable and right at home. He is hilarious. We are usually on the same page as far as humor goes. If you ever need a good laugh, just go visit Bob for a while. On top of humor, he is a spiritual giant. He is so wise. He has been such a great example to his family. He loves his family and especially his wife. I love watching those two. He has such an amazing work ethic. He is such a hard worker. B and I are so lucky to have him in our lives.

Bry-Guy, big guy bud... what can I say, this guy is the BEST! I am so lucky I can call him my dad. He honestly is the greatest. He has blessed my family so much and has been so involved in our lives. He is always there, no matter how late, no matter how far away, dad is always around and ready to help. He is probably the hardest working guy I know. For the past 4 or 5 years I have had the privilege of working with this guy. Let me tell you, it has been the most rewarding 4 or 5 years. I am not kidding. I have learned so much from him. He is amazing with people. People love to be around him. He is a people magnet. He is hilarious. He is the most generous person I know and the coolest thing about him is that I don't even know that half of it. He is very humble and not at all self-centered. He is the most selfless person I know. He loves his kids more than anything. He is the greatest example of a parent. He loves so unconditionally. When I am around him I sometimes forget he is my dad. I am just as comfortable around him as I am around my best buddies. He is so wise. He always has the greatest advice. I love talking to him for that reason. He is a spiritual giant. He loves the gospel and isn't afraid of sharing it with anyone. I admire that. He can make any sticky situation, un-sticky, he is the best of the best. I love my dad. B and I are so lucky to have you bud. My life would never be complete without you.

B, Beezer, B-sus... man o man. I am one lucky girl right? B and I dated for quite some time before we tied the knot. It was a crazy three and a half. You all probably know, between three breakups, no one probably thought it would ever work out... BUT you were WRONG!! ha. I remember the night that B purposed. I remember thinking on my drive to my man on one knee, that this is really who I was going to marry! That B was going to be the father of my children. You always know you are going to get married and eventually have kids, but you don't know who you are going to share that with. I remember being so stoked that B was going to be the one I was going to call my husband and the one my kids were going to call dad.

So now it has been three and a half years and one Lennon later and we are still going strong. This past year has been honestly one of the greatest. Watching B become a dad has been so unreal. I remember when I found out I was pregnant I was alone in the Smiths bathroom stall :). Ha, figures right? I remember walking out of the grocery store, probably talking to myself, wondering, how is B going to react? I got in my car and went to work, no emotion, just shocked. After work, I grabbed an envelope and made it look like a letter for B, and stuck the pregnancy test in it and wrote, I am PREGNANT! I came inside and kind of hid it in a stack of mail and pulled it out and casually handed it to B. I was afraid. I didn't know what he was going to do or say. He opened it and read what I had wrote. Seconds later he jumped out of the chair screaming, "YES!!, FOR REAL?!" I was shocked. He was stoked. It has never changed.

When Lennon was born, I remember looking at B and knowing it was love at first sight. He was so tender. He still is. B loves his little man. Lennon loves his dad. He really is a daddies boy. I think it is great. Watching B play with that guy really does make my day. He laughs just as hard with him as he does with any of his good friends. He really enjoys it. He is so proud of that guy. He is the best dad. He is such a great example to me, and I know Lennon will learn a lot from him too. He is truly my best friend. I am glad that we can laugh like we did when we dated. There is never a dull moment in our house. I am so happy we are together forever. Lennon, B and I.

B, happy happy first fathers day. We love you.


7 comments:

Arica said...

you make darling collages.. and darling children. (:

Jamie said...

Ahh, so sweet! You really do have some great guys in your life!

j,d and little b said...

Hey Rachel! I just saw your blog through your facebook link! Your little boy is so cute. I was bummed that you guys went to Kuaui and not over here to Oahu...oh well. We will be in Utah in October...we should meet up so we can meet your cute little lennon!

Emily Suzanne said...

rach remember the time when me you farrah and becca were watching oprah and all of us were secretly crying...that was me just barely reading this.

Rachel said...

jonna,

I would love too!!! We definitely need to get together. I love your blog. Such a cute family

Emily,

You make me laugh. I sure do remember that opera. I am ANGRY!!

sarah said...

Rach!
I so don't think you're creepy for commenting on my blog! I've totally been looking at your blog for a while...so who's creepy now?
Lennon is adorable. With all of us and our BOYS, we're going to have to fight over who gets to marry Annie's darling Olive!

Heather Lee said...

hello hello. Good to hear from you! I don't want to disappoint, but I totally got that skirt on my last trip to Indonesia. Or close to it, TJ Maxx is basically the same. But I have another one that's pretty close to it and I got it at ForeverXXI. Hope you can read roman numerals. Loved the get together photo. I haven't seen those girls in ages, minus Maggie, and I guess it's been a year since I've seen her too. Wow, time sure does fly.

precious

precious