Sunday, July 17, 2011

Holden is ONE!!!!


Holden is ONE!!!

I know this is a tad late, but better late then never.  We are celebrating Holden and Lennon's birthday tomorrow (tomorrow already come and gone, but I am just going to pretend I am on the ball) but I thought Holden deserves a post of his own.  Honestly I can't believe this guy is already one years old.   He sure threw us for a whirl.  I am so glad things worked out the way they did.  I remember when I was in the hospital not knowing what the outcome was going to be, it was so hard to imagine me being able to bring my baby home.  I didn't want to go there only to let me down in the end.  I do remember one day when I let myself go there...  Farrah was there and I was having a rough rough day.  I remember explaining to her (in complete tears), "what if I have this baby and I can take him home and we get to celebrate his first birthday? If that seriously happens, I want to throw the biggest party ever." Honestly, I wasn't so sure that was going to happen. If I could have seen this post one year ago I would have probably passed out. 

What a miracle.

 
This is Holden's diapers just one year in comparrison.  The one on the right is seriously the size of a cell phone.

I have seen and changed a lot through this experience and the best part about it is I keep seeing and learning things.  Holden has taught me more about myself then I ever thought possible. 

The day after Holden was born.

Just going through pictures of the last year it is hard to believe that it all really happened, and better yet, that we have the outcome we do today.  It is so humbling to look back and realize how blessed we are.
Holden with his monkey (thanks chris and azy!).  I can't believe the comparrison.
** another note: B just buzzed his head. :)

Holden is the sweetest baby around.  Really he is.  He honestly has been sweet since the first day he was born.  I remember being warned by all the NICU staff to watch out cause he will soon get an attitude.  A lot of long term NICU babies become pretty fussy and stay fussy.  Holden is not fussy.  He is just the opposite.  He is so happy and is so mellow.  Sometimes I forget he is even there.  He loves to hear himself talk.  You would never know he had small lungs. The kid has a wide range. :) 

Take one, two and three...

 
Final take.... and STOKED!!

B and I took Holden out for a little dinner and let him polish a cupcake for his birthday.  We knew we would have a party for him sometime but we had to do something on his birthday.  He loved every minute of it and so did I.  This day will forever be remembered.  It was definitely no ordinary birth. 
Lennon and Holden (I think their heads are the same size. Awesome)

This picture above says it all.  Lennon's best bud.  I can't help but get emotional when I see that.  I can't help imagine what life would be like without my little angel.  Holden worships his brother and I think the feeling is mutual.  I know without a doubt that Holden knew Lennon prior to this life.  I think Lennon is probably the reason Holden fought so hard.  Their connection is something I haven't ever seen.  It is REAL.  I am so grateful for that.

Holden buddy, you had a rough start.  You went through the unthinkable and now look at you!  You are a healthy, happy little one year old.  Although this year has been hard, I wouldn't change a thing. You fought some crazy battles and I am so grateful you are as tough as you are.  I think you knew we needed you in our family. 

I truly have seen the Lords hand in my life and I am grateful for that.  I have also seen an amazing miracle and I am so blessed to be the recipient of that miracle.  Holden, you have changed me to the core.  I love you always and forever little guy.  Can't wait to celebrate many many more birthdays.


Holden's One Year Stats:

Weight: 18.4 pounds (3%)
Height:  Can't remember :) (5%)
Head: 98%  Just like his brother. Massive Noggin!

11 comments:

j,d and little b said...

Wow! So awesome... I am so glad everything has worked out for you the way it has! Babies are just so special, and Holden is no exception! Happy Birthday Holden!

Jeff and Brandi said...

Happy birthday Holden! What a sweetie. I'm so glad that he is doing so great!

Lindsey Walker said...

Congrats to little Holden! It sounds like a one year birthday was quit a mild stone. It's amazing how these little ones change who we are. They help us grow and become who we want to be! I am so happy for your family. That must have been a really hard trial to get through.

Arden said...

I love him so much and so greatful for the things I learned and know because of him! 2 beautiful boys!

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

Thanks for making me cry... haha, happy birthday little holden you are a cutie! I love that lennon and holden are best buddies, you guys are the best

Jamie said...

Love that little boy so much! And his big bro too! It really was such a rough year, but what an amazing gift you were given. And, he's anything but fussy...he's a sweet, silly and beautiful little guy with the biggest noggin ever. I can't even fathom how much we are going to miss you all :(

kennan said...

he really is a walking talking oozing miracle isn't he! and a cute one to boot.

happy birthday! and congrats to making it through all that madness!

lets got to the slash park!

Auntie Elaine said...

Yay for celebrations, milestones and miracles!! Love you guys!

Chris & Carolyn said...

So Freakin special that kid is. Ugh I just love him. And Lennon. They are seriously such studs. You are one lucky Mum :)

annie and jared said...

love this rach. You are such an amazing little mama. Your boys are lucky to have you as their mom! I love these two... and am going to miss you like CRAZY!!!!
Love you :)

SmashleyB said...

Your boys are SO darling!!! Good luck with your move and new adventure in life!!!

precious

precious