Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers Day

Usually when I put Holden down for sleep, it is no problem. I just lay him in his crib, turn on his mobile, give him a blanket and bottle.  Tonight was different.  He was a little fussy and just wanted to be held.  As I sat back and looked at him russeling around in his crib a flood of emotions came over me.  I of course grabbed him and gave him a squeeze and laid him on my chest to sleep.  He quickly nestled in and was out.  I was looking at his sweet face and thinking how blessed I am to have this little boy in my arms.  Healthy and ALIVE. 

It was fathers day last year when Holden decided to grace us with his presence.  I think this day will always be a special one for our family.  I remember praying just to hold off one more day.  I didn't know what the outcome was going to be, but I didn't want to risk a tragedy on Fathers day.  I didn't want to ruin this day forever for B.  Holden and God had other plans.  He came and what an amazing gift that was. 

B you are lucky to be able to share your day with such a sweet and unbelievable miracle.  I remember that morning like it was yesterday.  I was worried for you.  I truly didn't want Fathers day to be a nightmare forever.  I remember looking at you, scared out of my mind cause I knew it was time and you were so concerned.  I remember your face perfectly.  I remember your soft pats and small whispers of encouragement.  I remember when you left the room during chaos.  You were in your c-section garb.  I knew where you were.  Sure enough, I was right.  You were in a quiet place, in prayer, pleading for Holden to have a shot in this life, and if he got that shot, you committed you would do all you could to raise him to the best of your ability.  

What a father.

B I am so grateful for your faith.  Lennon, Holden and I couldn't ask for a better dad and husband.  

Really.

   I hope you have a great Fathers day and we love you forever!


First time Lennon met Holden

Dad and Holden
Lennon and B... honestly, Lennon idolizes B.
 
 
**Holden is ONE tomorrow.  Birthday post comin' right up!**

5 comments:

Jamie said...

What a great Father's day gift. He's such a sweet dad. Love that little family of yours Rach!

Auntie Elaine said...

YOU are so good with words!! What a time you were having a year ago, but man....all worth it. Your family is VERY blessed and so are we that know and love you!!

Farrah said...

tears. thats all i can say. just tears. i love you b. a lot.

Unknown said...

Your little boys are so cute. What sweeties! I love the moment you had with your baby. It just goes so fast, doesn't it? Too fast!

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

B really is a stud!!! You are one lucky lady.. So is he though! Holden is as sweet as they come, miss you guys!

precious

precious