Friday, October 10, 2008

September 14, 2008

My mom got him that amazing blanket... it matches PERFECT with his little outfit. Thanks Mom, I will have it forever!
Pay attention to his amazing outfit. Great Grandma Hofheins made that special for Lennon. Amazing.

becs and grandpa
lennon and gramps

grandma and grandpa hofheins

mom, grandma, me and lennon

Let me just tell you... My sweet most amazing grandma made Lennons blessing outfit. I don't think she will ever know how much that meant to me. It was so stinkin cute. I will cherish it forever and ever. It will be something that will be passed down through many generations. Grandma... I love you and thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are amazing!


Finally I am able to post pictures of Lennons blessing day. It has been a long time comin! We got to bless him at my parents house in Alpine. It was a beautiful day. B did so well. His blessing honestly sounded like a patriarch. I couldn't believe how amazing he did. I am lucky to have such an amazing guy. I feel like ever since my experience bringing Lennon into this crazy world, my world has literally been ROCKED! It is so amazing what a child will do to a person. I haven't really written my feelings about birth and since this is like my journal I might as well share right?

Lennon has literally changed me in a way I never thought was possible. My whole outlook on life has become so different. Life is so precious. Just the feeling in the room when Lennon was coming was something you can't describe. It was almost like you can feel Heavenly Father handing you this most precious child for you to care for, love, watchover, and most importantly trusting you to bring him back to his presence. Overwhelming isn't it. I remember looking at B and barely being able to focus my eyes because of the tears and thinking... Here we go! Another sweet adventure together. I also remember feeling a kind of love for him I haven't felt before. It was so strange but so refreshing. Admist all of the complications and near bleeding to death... it was THE most amazing thing I have ever done and will ever do. I am sure of that. I feel overwhelmed and thankful. I am lucky to have such a sweet spirit. I still look at him and foggy eyes appear out of nowhere. He just tugs at my heart strings. I feel lucky God has so much trust in me. I will do my very very best. Lennon... I love you.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Ahh! You're so amazing Rach! It's undescribable how much love you instantly have for your child! I never knew real unconditional love until I had my kids! Thanks for being such a great sis!

... said...

I found randomly found your blog. Your baby is so cute. I heart him. I can't believe you guys have a little boy. So awesome!

ryan + carly said...

how cute are you rach? i love you. your the best mom ever! he's pretty adorable. love ya

annie and jared said...

rach, you are the best. i got all teary reading your post, i just want to say "dido" to everything you said. babies are the best thing ever. love ya.

Natalie. said...

Um. You have a baby. YOU HAVE A BABY!!!!! Congratulations! How the heck did I completely miss this?

Arica said...

haha, how wonderful of you to find us! drew told me a little bit about you guys. actually your cousins/aunt and uncle are in our current ward. your cousin Zack has met, and fallen in love with andrew, and they're now good buds. haha. anyway, we'll definitely be watching what goes on with your fam! ..nice to meet you. :)

steph heartjustin said...

Rach you are so great! I am amazed at what this little guy has done to you. He really is so blessed to have parents like you and b.

Heather Lee said...

I love this post and the sweet sayings of a mom in love. I can relate to a lot of what you say about being a mom. I was thinking the other day how being a mom has completely changed the way I look at life...I'm so thankful for that. I'm so glad you're having such a great experience. He is SO precious and is lucky to have you!

precious

precious