Wednesday, November 26, 2008

today i am...




Grateful.
Tis the season right? I guess with Thanksgiving being over and done with, it has really given me an opportunity to reflect on life's greatest treasures. Lately I have felt an overwhelming gratitude for my little guy and husband B. Possibly because its that time of year. I feel so lucky for the opportunity to care for this little person. I look at him everyday and can't understand where or how this amazing amount of love came from. I love to watch everything he does. I love his face before he is about to cry. The way his bottom lip curls under and how gravity is pulling at the corners of his mouth. I love how peaceful he sleeps. In fact, just yesterday I got him out of his car seat after a long day with family and friends, and he was sound asleep... snoring in fact. I took him into my bed room and totally undressed him, changed his diaper and dressed him in his mickey PJ's, all while being serenaded by his sweet SNORE. I love every morning at about 6 o'clock I hear his little whimper, ready for another day. I love pulling his sleepy body out of his crib and taking him back to bed and just laying with him. The whole time staring up at me probably wondering why I am so delirious. I wish I could take on every day like a child. I appreciate this new perspective. I think that with every passing day I am realizing more and more what is most important and gratifying, what truly makes me happy. I am grateful for that perspective.

4 comments:

annie and jared said...

rach, i loved seeing that little man the other night, his little laugh is the cutest thing ever. i love how good of a mom you are. love you rach.

Lindsey Shaun Christensen said...

hey rach, love that picture up at the top of lennon. I just wanted to let you know that if you are interested still, our little indoor season will start in 7 weeks, so right in the middle of January, first of February. It will be about 50 bucks. when i know everyone that is going to play i will let you know.

ryan + carly said...

ha! i love love love these pics of lennon. so unbelievable. the one at the top of your page is ridiculously adorable. ch-ello? why the h haven't we hung out yet. i'm pretty miserable without you.

Chris & Carolyn said...

oh my gosh!! your lil boy is so friggin cute!! and yup, looks just like B :)

it was so good talkin to you yesterday. i miss you tons and truly cherish our friendship. can't wait to come see you and go snowboardin!

precious

precious