Thursday, November 18, 2010

Holden's Surgery

Pre-Op
I think this photo is an all-time favorite. So great.

One week today we took our little angel to Primary Children's to get a little operation. I was a little nervous going into it, but did much better than expected. :) I just know my son is a strong little guy and he would do just fine. I just hated that he had to go through one more thing. Anyway, the doctors went in and did what they needed to do and we were there for three days total. Holden did extremely well. Doctors said he did amazing under anesthetics. That was what I was most worried about.

When I walked back into the recovery room I got to see my little guy. He was just laying in his diaper on this massive bed. He was coming out of anesthesia so he was still a little groggy. I didn't really like seeing him like that, but I knew he was not in pain and comfortable. It was nice to be able to scoop him up and cuddle him. He couldn't eat until about 32 hours later. It was hard but honestly he did much better than I expected. He really is so sweet. The nurses all quickly fell in love with him and couldn't even believe he was born so early. I love hearing that. Anyway, we finally got to come home on Friday. I was so so ready to come home and sleep in my own bed. One bit of bad news is that he is going to have to have another surgery. The doctor that removed the cyst also saw that he had a hernia. It is extremely common in premature boys. So we will be back in a little over a month and hopefully never again!!

We are lucky to have Holden in our lives.

We love him to the moon!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Ya, that picture is probably the cutest thing I've ever seen. He's such a stud and such a trooper! Love that lil man!

Arden said...

I love him so much and I have to have that picture. You and B are studs too. love you guys. Mom

Shantell said...

Can't wait to see that cutie on Thanksgiving! Yeah!

Farrah said...

Man...really?! That little guy is amazing. I cant handle that picture!

annie and jared said...

so glad it went well rach.. and he will do GREAT with the hernia surgery! He is the cutest little patient ever :)

SmashleyB said...

He looks great, SO adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet little guy! There is something about little babies in a hospital gown. :) Glad everything went well.

precious

precious