Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Introducing... Holden minus O2

Can you even believe this cutie?! Sometimes I can't.



Holden has been off his oxygen for about a month now! He is doing amazing. I haven't updated in so long and feel so so behind. He is growing and thriving just as expected... or better then expected. Man we are blessed. Lennon loves him more than anything. God really knows what he is doing by sending me these two. It is a perfect combination. really.
As I have mentioned before, Holden has a cyst in is abdomen that needs to be removed. He will be getting it out surgically on November 10th up at Primary Children's hospital.
Before all of this, the doctor ordered an ultrasound to make sure it is still there and if it was, where it was located. I took Holden in and three doctors later they said they didn't see ANYTHING. I was shocked and though it was too good to be true. Well, sure enough, it was. I just continued to have this hunch that it was still there and wanted to get another scan done. I went back to the doctor and he ordered a CT Scan which is much more intense and accurate. Turns out they did end up seeing it and the doctor explained because we know it is there, they need to remove it. However, some people may be walking around with the same kind of cyst and never know. It poses more of a harm leaving it so I would rather just get that thing out and move on. They are going to go through the belly button with a scope, drain the cyst then pull it out and cut out part of the intestine and sew it back together. It is not too crazy of a surgery but because they are taking out part of his intestine, they want to keep him for a couple days... hopefully not longer.
Prayers for Holden would be much appreciated :)
Doctors say it is not a major surgery but there is always risks. I am just ready to put this behind us and move forward.
As for Holden's heart... it is functioning normal. The Doctor is very optimistic that he will just grow out of it and that will be the end of it. I am hoping the same. I am pretty confident she is right.
Other then those two things, he is right on track developing. The home nurse came today and weighed the chunk. He is....
11 POUNDS 8 OUNCES
75% percentile in weight for his adjusted age. What a stud.
Lennon is loving having 'little brother' home. Honestly we haven't had one bad moment with those two... yet. Lennon seems to understand that Holden is a special one and takes on the perfect role as big brother.
Man I love them.
I will keep you all posted on Holden's recovery next week.
Once again... maybe just a little prayer for my man would be appreciated greatly. :)

5 comments:

ryan + carly said...

this post is so great. as for the surgery, prayers will definitely be said for little holden at the blaney household.

Auntie Elaine said...

Thanks for the updates - I was having some Rachel withdrawl!! Love your family - your boys are SOOOOOOOO darling!

Jamie said...

I love him! We'll definitely be praying for him.

Colorado Smarts said...

Prayers are being sent your way! We loved Primary Children's Hospital and all of the staff there...they are amazing and will take wonderful care of you! Glad to know your little man is such a champ!

Shantell said...

Man I miss you guys like crazy! Hopefully we can see you on Saturday. Can't believe how huge Holden is! Amazing! Good luck with surgery this week! You guys are in our prayers. Love you!

precious

precious