Monday, August 3, 2009

07.30.2009

Well Folks, I can't really believe it, but I officially have a ONE YEAR OLD.
It is really hard to believe that I have been a mom for a whole year already. I was talking to B and saying how it feels like last month when I had him.
I still feel so new at this.
One year ago my life was changed forever. No one could have ever prepared me for what was in store.
Friends and Family
Obviously on his birthday I just couldn't help thinking back to the day that I had him. It was nothing but a miracle. I am and was so amazed at how much I could instantly love one single person. Something changes when you have a kid. I remember thinking a few months after I had him... What did I ever live for before? It sounds crazy but it is true.
...
I love being able to revisit life again through a child's eyes. I was telling Farrah that the other day. I forget how great childhood really was until I get to see it again for myself, experience it all over again.

Lennon has been such a great blessing and will continue to be. I feel lucky to be his mom.

I really do.

I am glad I have a husband who feels the same way. Lennon is a total daddy's guy. He loves B. When he walks in the door from work, Lennon literally lunges out of my arms for B.

I love it.

Some of the things he can do at the age of one are...

Crawl

Climb

Says Dad and sometimes Ma Ma

Says Truck... He loves trucks already

Says Dog... loves dogs too

Says Uh-Oh

Loves Laughing... He will laugh until he has hiccups almost every time.

Stands on his own

Makes a car noise with his mouth when he is playing cars

Plays Hide-and-Go seek with B... he really does. He hides and waits for B to find him. Then screams.

Head Butts everyone and thinks it is the greatest

Loves the water

Doesn't love Milk... I hope that changes but I didn't love it either. Still don't.

Fake Laughs

Fake Coughs

Doesn't Cuddle unless he is tired

Loves the car

and... Continues to be the best of the best

...

Bule brought him this amazing Monster Cake. Thanks Larry.
I guess my point is, I love my little man. He is the greatest thing that has happened to me so far (aside from B :). I hope Lennon never forgets how much his parents love him.
I am lucky to have the chance to be his mom. I think this last year was honestly one of the best in my life and I owe it all to L man. I am excited for many more years to come.
Lennon buster... I love you.
**Keep on scrolling... I made another multiple post post. :)

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm so sad I missed his birthday! He's such a cute little man. I miss that guy! I wish I could have seen him attack his cake!

Shannan said...

Hi Rachel, my name is Shannan Hansen Sanchez and I found you through Andrew's blog, he is my nephew, and I am enjoying following your posts. You, B, and Lennon are a really cute little family...actually the word that comes to mind is cool. You guys are just so dang cool. I love your wedding dress. Where did you get it?

Azy said...

Aaaahhhh! so bummed we missed this :( seriously family reunion my butt...

steph heartjustin said...

He really is a dream. I love that kid so much! Sorry that we missed it and thanks for coming to justin's dirty thirty.

precious

precious