Tuesday, July 13, 2010

3 weeks and counting



Holden is now three weeks and two days old. I honestly can't believe that was three weeks ago. Holden is doing well. I know that your prayers are helping and I appreciate them more than you will know. Please keep it up. Last post I mentioned he had an infection. Turns out he responded well to the anti-biotics and the infection is gone. What a blessing. He is no longer jaundice, he is on full feedings with full amount of calories which is great. He is gaining weight every day. He is getting big fast and I love it.

He now weighs 2 pounds 12 ounces.


He is still tiny but I will take what I can get :) He is still on the nasal cannula and still in need of assistance that way. They say it is very common in preemies to need oxygen. I honestly can't complain. Every day I just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. I continually remember how lucky I am to even have this little fighter. We are so so blessed. Please keep our little Holden in your prayers. They are going a long way and we are going to be forever in debted to you all.




Thank you.




In the meantime, I have been thoroughly enjoying my time with Lennon and B. Here are some pics of these last three weeks.



{It has been so nice being out of a bed}



**o ya... we finally moved completely out of our house in West Jordan and are now Alpiners, thanks to my parents.



{another BIG blessing}



** one more thing... B deferred a year for law school. Too much going on right now. We just need to get back on our feet and we will stress about that next year :)





these nut jobs went on that








fun was had by all!


oh and I can't forget my Lennon...


check him out.

cute little guy.



14 comments:

Suzette Baird said...

Rachel, I am so happy that his infection is gone. What a blessing. He is the sweetest little boy, I am so happy he is gaining weight and doing well. Will keep praying for the little guy. I can't wait to meet him one day....

Farrah said...

oh my oh my...rach...he does look different!!! wow. i gotta see him. its been way way too long! this weekend please?! fri, sat, or sun night:) still praying my little head off for you and our miracle:) he's OUR miracle:) love you so much. and man do i love that babe...its dangerous.

kellie said...

Rachel, Holden is so precious!! What a little fighter :) I am so happy to hear that things are going well. What a blessing he is. We will keep him in our prayers.

Rachel said...

i love him so much and all of you!mom

Jeff and Brandi said...

He looks great! I'm glad that you've been having fun with your fam. PS isn't Linda great!

Shantell said...

Thank you for posting all the cute pics!! I am making a disc with all the 4th of July pics on it. I will leave it at my moms this weekend if I don't see you. Lennon is such a cute little angel!

St. Julien's said...

We had that same carnival here last month:) What a doozie!! That tiny little piece of heaven. He is the sweetest thing I have laid eyes on in a long time!!! Love you. Glad I got to see your face the other day. I want to see it again...

j,d and little b said...

aaawww so tiny and cute! SO glad to hear he is doing so well! That has got to be so encouraging! And of course lennon is cute too! ps the Zipper is my favorite ride of ALL TIME

Lindsey Shaun Christensen said...

rachel is so good to hear that there is improvement! i can't believe how tiny he is! if you guys need anything let me know . . . even if you want me to watch lennon one night so you and b can go out and get a breather with just you two, i am only in orem.
prayers on my end of course.

steph heartjustin said...

O me O my little one. I just want to love him up. I'm so glad for you that things are on the up and up. could lennon get sweeter. I miss that little guy, we were buds remember. Love u lots!

annie and jared said...

I love this rach.. holden is such a little trooper.. still dying to see him in person- i can come with you pretty much any day now that my semester is over!
P.S. lennon is unreal adorable.. seriously when did he get so big? i want to kiss his little cheeks off asap.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy everything has been going pretty well these last 3 weeks. Holy smokes! Talk about stress. I think B deferring until next year is a smart move. There is only so much one family can handle per year. Holden is the cutest little guy! What a miracle. Good luck. I'll be thinking about you guys and praying for you.

Smith Family said...

Holy Smokes. The most darling kids ever. I am so glad that you are all doing well! Rachel and B: wow. You are amazing. Such great parents.

Heather Lee said...

so cute! Both of your kids. I love the photo of Lennon on the tramp. Such a cutie in his little tank. I am so glad that Holden is gaining weight and that his infection is gone. I'll definitely keep having Holland include him in our prayers. I think hers count more=) I hope I get to see you all sometime soon!

precious

precious