Wednesday, May 26, 2010

perinatologist

I went and saw the perinatologist today and she did an ultrasound. We got to see this little grom. He is still going strong, although there is still little to no fluid. I knew that was going to be the case because I had a huge gush yesterday {which is good because it shows baby is still producing fluid}. She checked his brain, heart, kidneys, and bladder and said they all looked really good. She also commented that his "tracking" looks really good. I asked what is "tracking" and it was his heartbeat. I will take it! She also weighed the baby and he weighs 1 pound 7 ounces. He has gained 4 ounces since the last ultrasound which also is a good sign. Honestly at this point I will take what I can get. Risks are still high but I will take any good news they can give me. They can't check on the lungs through an ultrasound but the longer this guy stays in me, the better. We won't know how well the baby's lungs are developing until he is here so we are just praying for the best. His limbs are also so cramped so we are also praying those can form normally. That too we won't know until he comes. I am planning on taking this two weeks at a time. Every two weeks is a milestone for us. It has already almost been two weeks {tomorrow} since my water broke. That is reassuring. It seems to have gone by kind of fast... believe it or not.

And last but surely not least, please keep us in your prayers. We need them now more than ever. It has been overwhelming hearing of all the people praying for us. I will never take that for granted and I can honestly feel them. I love you all and will be forever grateful for taking the time to think about our little family.

How lucky we are.


Stay tuned and I will keep you posted quite often... after all, I am just sittin' here :)

ps. b, i love you.

9 comments:

kennan said...

you are in my prayers. i am on pins and needles wondering how you are.

two weekends ago we did a walk for preemies called the "march for babies" with some friends of ours and saw the miracles that can AND do happen with preemies. most of the kids there were totally "normal" (a word i hate) and were running around everywhere, and some were born at 24 weeks. i hope baby boy stays in as long as he can but know that all doctors give you the worst case scenario.... its their job, they can't give you false hope. whenever he comes he will be ready and so will you. i know you can do this and so can your baby.

take care.

Lyssa Beth said...

Hey Rachel-
I have been thinking a lot you throughout this ordeal. I am so sorry that you have to go through this but thank God for family and friends! I hope the baby stays in as long as possible but I am glad that you made it to 24 weeks. My sister had her little girl at 26 weeks and she was, I think, 1 lb 2 oz. She's 6 now and such a adorable little girl. It's amazing what modern technologies and medicines can do! Your little boy has a great chance at being a regular little boy and being fine! I hope you can stay sane and busy at the hospital. Stay strong! I can't imagine going through that but it is so worth it! Prayers going your way!

Azy said...

good news i like it :)

sarah said...

Rach! What hospital are you at? I remember when Jack had his surgery and we were stuck at the hospital for days...boring, lonely, etc.etc! I would totally bring you something to eat/do/watch if I knew where you were. I'm sure you have a lot of family around...but if you're like me...I go into panic mode when I'm by myself!
Hang in there...and really...I will do anything to help.
It's practically been eons since I saw you last, but you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers every day, and I hope time can fly for you!

Laci said...

So glad to hear you're doing alright. We've been praying for you and bugging the crap out of Farrs for updates. Thanks for posting. Hang in there and stay strong!! It really does make a difference in tough situations. Everytime I feel my little guy move around, I think of you and hope things are going well.
xoxoLaciandfamily

Farrah said...

love you. miss you. good to hear from you. hang in there. cant wait to be late night buddies. together in the dark. while ur on ambien. and wont stop talking. i like it. hang in there rach. ur doing so great. keep up the faith, and we'll keep up the prayers. thank the heavens for prayers...huh. love you

Lauren said...

Rach, you are doing a great job keep up that baby making. We are praying for you and the baby. You are so strong and you will make it through this. Love you.

j,d and little b said...

That is such good news! You will continue to be in our prayers!

Jennifer said...

This is Jennifer (Natalie's mom). I keep meaning to write you but life has been so crazy. Please e-mail me at jhmellem@yahoo.com if you have questions or need someone to talk to. I know how hard this is and would love to support you in any way I can. I will be praying for you and following your blog. You are doing a fantastic job!!!

precious

precious