Wednesday, June 16, 2010

27 weeks...

Man o man...

It has been two weeks since the last update. Sometimes I get overwhelmed re-hashing the past two weeks. All in all it has been uneventful and really really tough. I am hanging in there but some days I want to just give up. Now that I am a little further a long, it is a lot more motivating to stay here and stay down. Those first few weeks of 'viability' were the scariest. I am glad to say we are on our way to 28 weeks. Even though being in the hospital has been extremely trying, all of the not knowing and so forth, I have had some amazing experiences that I know I have benefited from for the rest of my life. It has been confirmed to me numerous times that God truly does have his hand in this and sometimes that is the only thing that keeps me sane. Submission.

I am still having kidney stones {on both sides} which really sucks. I am paranoid at anytime I will pass them. It is probably the most painful thing I have ever experienced. The other day I had one trying to pass, the same one that has been bothering me, at noon and then that same day I had it happen around 3 in the morning on the other side. It really was hell. The next morning {yesterday} I woke up really really sore from all of the kidney trauma and realized I was bleeding a lot. My contractions started picking up and becoming more painful and bleeding was also a concern. I went to the Perinatologist today and she explained it could be signs of labor and they are going to really watch closely and just react when they have to.

As for the baby, he looks good. His bladder was full and normal which means he is swallowing some pockets of fluid and able to pee that out. Kidneys are fine along with the brain. The heart was strong and had a great heartbeat although she was concerned because there was a little more fluid around the heart then normal. I am trying not to freak out and she told me not to worry yet, and just to let her worry about it. Ya right. I wish I could just numb my brain. So they are doing a bunch of blood tests today to see what is causing that. I don't really know what to think other than to pray hard and try my best to hang in there.

I just got interrupted... they are going to give me magnesium right now and another shot of steroids just in case I have the baby in the next 24 hours or so. I will keep you all posted here shortly.
Please pray pray pray

3 comments:

kellie said...

Hang in there Rachel! There are a lot of people praying for you and your baby. I know you don't know me well, but if you need ANYTHING, I work here at UVRMC over in IMC and can help in any way. I am sorry that you have had to go through so much pain already. I am so happy to hear that you are close to 28 weeks. Stay strong and know the Lord is with you every step of the way.

bj+anne+brody+macie+lucy+ellie said...

Holy crap Rachel...I am blown away every time I check up on you. You are so strong. Keep your head up and know that there are people praying for you that you didn't even know checked your blog...this is Anne Greenwood by the way. You are amazing

sarah said...

Was so happy to see you had updated...thinking of you often and hoping for the best.
So sorry you have to go through this. Your strength really is amazing. I say you're more than entitled to feeling scared...I'd be a mess. Try not to let it consume you- I think positive thinking can go a long way--.and I'm totally impressed by yours throughout all of this.
Lots of love and prayers for you and your sweet little family!

precious

precious