Thursday, June 3, 2010

25 weeks and a day...

It has been a while since I last updated. Things at the hospital aren't too exciting. I am still just hangin out in bed hoping for the days to pass. I hit 25 weeks yesterday and it has been three weeks today since my water broke. I am still leaking fluid everyday and I consider that a good thing. This little guy's kidneys are functioning and I am hoping he is getting some of that for his lungs.

I haven't had any real problems while being here except a kidney stone. It was insane. I have never felt that much pain in my life!! After a few episodes of it trying to pass and literally paralyzing me, they finally decided to hook me up to an IV so if it came back they could quickly hook me up to morphine. It hasn't been fun but I am surviving.

I have been able to see Lennon a few times a week and that honestly makes my day. He is the best. I am so so so excited to be able to run and pick him up again. I really can't wait. B and I are praying to get to 26 weeks and then after that, 28 weeks. 28 weeks is a big deal so that is our "long term" goal for now. It is only three more weeks. Crazy that it has already been three weeks since all this craziness happened.

I am trying my very best to stay positive. I will be honest, it is so stinkin hard. I have to really focus and pray that I can maintain a positive attitude because I really don't know what is going to happen. I can't sit here and drive myself crazy over something I can't control, but trust me, it is hard. I am lucky to have my family. They have been so great by coming by and visiting me.

I love them.

I am so grateful to friends and family who have shown support and who have been praying. That is all I can ask for right now. Please just keep praying.

I will keep on top of updating. I am hoping nothing too exciting happens these next few days.

Pray for 28 weeks!

5 comments:

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

rach! sorry I texted you and then never texted you back yesterday! Anyways.. ill be home for a bit in july, if you are still in the hospital ill come keep you company.. and kick your trash in halo :) You've been in my prayers.. sometimes at night when I am so tired and don't wanna say my prayers I think of you, and make myself say them. So thanks for that. Ive been dreaming about you too (which is kind of weird!I think you have just been on my mind alot) haha I know we aren't besties but I just feel so much pain for you, I can't imagine what you are going through and I really admire how strong you are being. hang in there, there are so many prayers going your way! thanks for updating, i worry about you and like to see how you are doing

annie and jared said...

rach, I am so sorry about your kidney stone.. that is a recurring problem in my life so I feel your pain. But, on top of everything else that is going on, it really isn't fair to you! Drink lots and lots of water, that is my advice. Hopefully see you tomorrow.. think of something yummy for me to bring you :)

Jeff and Brandi said...

Rachel...I work Sat and sun night. Is it alright if I pop in for a minute? Sorry about the stone. That's horrible!

zadruga said...

Sister Morris would like to visit you what hospital are you in?

zadruga said...

Suly Morris would like to visit you what hospital are you staying in?

precious

precious